How Can I Help You Tell Your Story?
By calling upon my honed ability to put your thoughts, experiences and knowledge into tangible written form, I will develop your project in a way that connects with your target audience, delivers your message with clarity and purpose, and leaves them with the impression that matches your goal.
There is nothing more gratifying to me than getting results for my clients that astound them. I love my work and I am driven by a very specific mission to generate the results you seek as I write about people, products, and processes that make a positive difference in the world in projects designed to:
Monetize your Message with a nonfiction or how-to book
Do you wish:
- you had some way of capturing your presentations and turning them into revenue-producing books, e-books, articles, special reports and white papers?
- you could make more money and attract more clients by generating marketing messages and press releases that actually get read?
- you could capture the interest of meeting planners with one sheets and descriptions that truly reflect the unique message you have to deliver?
I can help you achieve these goals . . . and more!
- As a speaker, entrepreneur, executive, or consultant, you have great insights, stories and suggestions.
- You know that what you have to say is powerful because people are already paying you for it.
- But with your busy schedule, you may not have the time, writing ability, or motivation to get your message onto the page.
- That’s why partnering with a writing professional is the smartest move you can make to distribute your message to fresh minds and new markets.
- By putting your message into books, e-books, and articles, you extend your impact — and your income.
- I’m ready to meet you wherever you are in this process, from sifting through a collection of hand-scrawled notes to making sense of that fat file of false starts that mocks you every time you open your desk drawer.
- I can interview you, review your videos or live presentations, read your blog and written work, listen to your CDs or podcasts, pull out the nuggets and then polish it all into print.
- By boiling down the basics and extracting the essence, I can help you roll out your message in a variety of money-making products. . . in record time!
Share Your Story through a memoir or corporate history
With dozens of nationally published articles to my credit that detail the success stories of some of the nation’s top entrepreneurs, including publishing mogul Leslie Flegel, Horatio Alger Award Winner Tom Harken, Fitness Icon Tamilee Webb and Dippin’ Dots (Ice Cream of the Future) inventor Curt Jones, I would love to help you share yours!
In the process of putting these stories into print, I have studied a variety of industries and met fascinating executives and entrepreneurs with important information to share and compelling stories to tell.
I bring to these kinds of stories a diverse background of education and experience that equips me to write in a variety of topics, including:
- Advertising, Public Relations and Marketing(agencies, graphic design firms, in-house communications staffs, small business owners), Web (designers, SEO specialists, social networking, consultants)
- Architecture (architects, developers, builders) Real Estate and Urban Planning and Development
- Business (CEOs, YPOs, NAWBO, consultants), Finance (financial advisors, CPAs, consultants)
- Creative and Fine Arts (writers, artists, dancers, musicians) Web (designers, SEO specialists, social networking, consultants)
- Engineering, Technical, Science (inventors, developers, CEOs, consultants) Medical (doctors, dentists, therapists)
- Food Industry (restaurant owners, chefs, cookbooks), Hospitality (Inns, Spas, Resorts, Cruise, Travel)
- Health Care (doctors, dentists, hospitals, home health), Health and Fitness (instructors, personal trainers physical therapists, martial arts, yoga), Healing and Alternative Medicine (healers, nutritionists, therapists, researchers and advisors)
- Horse Business (equine product manufacturers, retailers, developers) Horse and Rider Training(instructors and clinicians) Equine Health (vets, chiropractors, massage therapists, alternative medicine) Equine Therapy (hippotherapy, equine assisted psychotherapy, and other therapeutic practitioners, Equine Activities (competition, recreation, and events)
- Law and Legal Education (lawyers, judges, law professors, advisors)
- Non Profits (environmental, women and children, entrepreneurial, animal rights, private foundations), Faith-based Programs (ministries, youth organizations, outreach programs), Multicultural Initiatives (museums, award and recognition programs, outreach organizations)
Polish Your Presentation with expert editing
By combining my experience and training in journalism, corporate communications, technical writing, public relations, advertising, grant proposals, ghostwriting and fiction, I have learned to acclimate quickly, regardless of the subject matter.
I’m also known for my ability to find the story angle you are looking for, make clear the points you want to convey, and meet the exact specifications of each assignment.
If you’re looking for an honest, results-oriented writer you can trust to complete every assignment with professionalism and enthusiasm, contact me. You can count on me to meet your guidelines for content, length and tone, and produce a highly professional project that’s fact-checked and on time — every time.
One-on-One Consultation or writing workshops
Have you got an important written message to deliver, but can’t seem to get the words just right? Are your ideas for content scattered like dandelion fluff? Is your tone on target? Is your point playing hide-and-seek with jargon and rhetoric?
When clear communication eludes you, give me a call!
With one-on-one writing consultation services and packages that include:
- taking a look at that important memo
- cleaning up the company brochure
- crafting a one-sheet that generates clients and contracts
- developing a compelling corporate presentation
- formulating a solid strategy for responding to media inquiries
You can trust me to gel your ideas, develop your content, and convey your message in a way that aligns with your vision.
Business Writing Workshops
(Normally half-day, but length can be adapted to meet your group’s specific needs.)
In today’s escalating e-climate, clear, effective writing can become an endangered species.
. . . Unless . . .
You create a business culture that embraces the new while preserving the old. How do you do this? Let me help you install a few simple strategies to keep your team’s business writing solid, clear and effective. With onsite workshops, webinars, or even a daily or weekly e-blast, I can help keep your business writing off the bloopers list with specific tactics, including:
Email and text-iquette. Today’s power communicators know how to walk the line between the advantages of instant communication and the pitfalls that can go along with it. Learn a few simple rules and strategies for deciding which communication tool to use and how to make the most of its effectiveness.
The power of word choice. Sometimes choosing the right word or phrase can be the difference between a deal maker and a deal breaker. Learn how to analyze what your word choices are really saying and make sure the message you send is the one received.
Final Proof. When you absolutely have to have letter-perfect documents, this is the program for you. If you’re tired of trusting technology to do your proofreader thinking for you, I can help you avoid embarrassing mistakes, minimize misunderstanding, and master a few tricks for better proofreading, effective rethinking, and knowing when to hit “send.”
More! I’m here to help you, so tell me what topics would be most helpful to you and your team. I can analyze samples of your company’s communication and design a program tailored to address your specific needs, or I can develop a custom curriculum and strategy that fits with your company vision, goals and objectives. By staying up to speed with the most current business writing trends and advice, online and in print, I make it my business to know what’s hot and what’s not — and how to help others keep good writing in business!
Go for a Grant with a compelling proposal
If your non-profit is ready to search and apply for funding from private foundation, corporate, state or federal grantmakers, you’ve come to one of my favorite places to be.
In pairing non-profit programs who need money with individuals, groups and institutions who need to give money away, I find an especially meaningful expression of my personal and professional mission. It’s a win-win-win I am always proud to be part of!
Certified since 2005 by The Grantsmanship Center, a national grantsmanship training program that originated in 1972 in Los Angeles, I offer this intensive grantseeker training, hands-on experience, and a solid track record in researching funding and preparing winning grant proposals using TGCI’s world-renowned proposal writing format.
In addition to this specialized training and the experience it has brought, I maintain TGCI membership for access to continually updating and comprehensive funding databases, a long list of specialized publications and resources, and technical assistance as needed.
By blending my background in advertising, technical writing and public relations with the particular skills called for in preparing a successful grant proposal, I am able to offer my clients the best of several worlds. Blending this expertise with a passion for telling stories that inspire, empower and ignite action, the special opportunity to create a winning grant proposal is a cause for celebration!
When you’re ready to get started, I’ll be happy to provide a free 15-minute consultation to hear about your organization, its mission and the type of funding it seeks. You are free during that time to pick my brain for ideas, ask questions and run your own ideas past me for feedback. After that, we can discuss the various ways I may be able to help you reach your funding goals, and we’ll go over my fees and terms for the package or services you’ve chosen. Once we’re in agreement about how we will work together, I’ll send an agreement and a list of what I‘ll need to get started.
I can’t wait to hear about your program or organization and how I can help you get it funded!