Writer, Editor, Collaborator, Ghostwriter
Woman on a mission to tell stories that make a difference.
- Riding Through Thick & Thin (Trafalgar Square Books, 2014)
- The Smart Woman’s Guide to Midlife Horses: Find Meaning Magic and Mastery in the Second Half of Life (Trafalgar Square Books, 2011)
- Grandmaster: A Story of Struggle, Triumph and Taekwondo, with Ninth Degree Taekwondo Grandmaster Won Chik Park, (The Kaitcer Group, 2010)
- Lessons Well Learned, with internationally renowned Australian horse trainer and clinician Clinton Anderson (Trafalgar Square Books, 2009)
- Infinite Persistence Life Book and Infinite Persistence Life Journal Workbook with New England Pie Entrepreneur Gordon Weinberger
As a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA), I am part of a national network of independent nonfiction writers who have met exacting standards of professional achievement. My work has appeared in regional and national consumer and trade magazines, including Millionaire Blueprints, Texas Monthly, Cowboys & Indians, Real Estate Executive, Fort Worth, Texas Magazine and Clinton Anderson’s No Worries Journal.
As a magazine writer, I have covered a lot of ground, literally and metaphorically. (View Clips) In the process, I’ve learned how to get to the heart of each assignment, regardless of subject or scope.
With a honed ability to interview and research in a way that gets the job done while keeping my subjects at ease, I shepherd each story to its most meaningful connection with its target audience.
Other Professional Credentials
In addition to my freelance writing career, I have worked professionally as
- Director of Communications charged with overseeing brand development, web content, social media management, print publications, external advertising, media relations, and strategic communications
- Project manager responsible for developing and coordinating print, digital, video, web, and email messaging for a for-profit company producing a weekly TV show, live events, magazine and print collateral, product catalog and digital marketing to 10,000 member club
- Corporate director of in-house advertising, public relations, and marketing department for hospital, ancillary care and staff physicians
- Public Relations Coordinator responsible for concept, copy, design, and execution of integrated advertising, public relations, and marketing campaigns as well as special events and promotions and internal communications